Healthcare Provider CPR Course Overview
The healthcare provider CPR course is also known as ProCPR course, which is designed according to the latest American Heart Association or American Red Cross guidelines. The course is available through online programs, as well as, traditional classroom programs. These courses are designed and developed specifically for professional rescuers, emergency response teams, healthcare providers, doctors, police, safety personnel, ambulance, airline employees, athletic trainers, lifeguards and those who need a CPR certification card.
The healthcare provider CPR course covers the basics of CPR, Heimlich maneuver or foreign body airway obstruction and also makes use of AED or Automated External Defibrillator. The course follows the current ECC/ILCOR and American Heart Association guidelines. The training programs are also accredited nationally.
Course overview –
- Introduction to CPR training – 5 fears
- Medical emergencies – Heart attacks, stroke and shock
- Respiratory arrest training – adult bag valve mask, child, adult and infant rescue breathing
- Cardiac arrest training – Inclusive of infant, child, neonatal and adult CPR, as well as, hands-only CPR and adult CPR team approach training
- Choking training – This covers training programs to counter infant, child and adult choking both in conscious and unconscious situations.
- Blood-borne pathogens – This is inclusive of exposure incident and reduction of risk training
- And finally, the course offers 2 rescuer skills training – This includes child, adult and infant CPR meted by 2 rescuers.
The purpose of healthcare provider CPR course is to provide instruction to participants in measuring emergencies and enabling them to save life of a victim having a cardiac arrest emergency or obstruct airway situation. Once you complete the course, you will be able to do the following –
- Get the required skills to identify not only the causes and prevention of sudden death but recognition of the same.
- You can also identify normal lung and heart anatomy, as well as, function.
- You will become skilled and trained enough to perform the basic child, infant, 1-person and 2-person CPR.
- You will also become capable of managing an obstructed airway in an infant, child and adult as well.
- The course will teach you the principles and basics of defibrillation and also the use of an AED or Automatic External Defibrillator.
- And last but not the least, through this course, you will be skilled enough to perform CPR by using a bag valve mask and a regular mask.
Like every other CPR and first aid courses, this particular one is also available only. Online courses are easily accessible and are ideal for healthcare providers who are in need of recertification or finding it difficult to visit schedule classrooms. The online courses are not different from the traditional classroom programs. They too provide the same techniques, knowledge and training resources as the traditional classroom programs, along with video materials and mandatory examination procedures. The courses are inclusive of basic life support programs.
Whether you opt for the online or offline program, you will get everything that is required to administer CPR, specifically in an healthcare setting – assessing breathing and cardiac crisis amongst infants, adults and children with 1 and 2 rescuer CPR, mouth-to-mask ventilation and pediatric and adult obstructed airway management or Heimlich maneuver.