If you are an instructor, sometimes it is hard to find the right equipment out there so you discuss with other instructors to see what might be usable what can we afford, how often is it going to be used. . .on and on. We have so many questions when trying to find the right equipment to use and I hope some of the google search top picks with my personal commentary may help you use the CPR manikins that are right for your needs. Below you will find the name, specks, price and personal opinion on the top 10 manikins that come up in a google search.
1.Instructor Starter Package with CPR Monitor and New
This convenient package contains all equipment needed to teach First Aid/CPR/AED training for Adults and Infants for a class size up to 8. Perfect for new or just starting instructors, the kit comes with 4 American Red Cross AED Trainers with Multi-Language USB Port & Metronome and adult and infant Prestan Manikins with CPR monitors. 8 CPR keychains are also included as an after class take-away for course participants (contained within the Deluxe Training Kit). Receive a FREE American Red Cross Instructor Backpack with purchase of the kit. The backpack is made with a durable black and red heavy ballistic 1680D material with 4 outside pockets, 2 water bottle holders, 2 inside computer sleeves, clear pocket sewn on front, custom Red Cross zipper pulls, and extra padding on the back panel and straps for added comfort. https://www.redcross.org/store/instructor-starter-package-with-cpr-monitor-and-new-aed/180302.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwy7vlBRACEiwAZvdx9jPI1kr3SCQ4arwbOQNM0SUbjHIUKrFfpzZBy-4RC7UA_H6NIhy6iRoCe-AQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds $1388.58
Personal Commentary: This is package gives you everything you need as an instructor to conduct a full CPR course. The manikins, the AED machines and internal functioning of the manikins. It is a little on the pricy side but it comes with everything to get started.
2. Prestan Manikin Adult Medium Skin Tone 4-Pack without CPR Monitor
Four Professional Adult Medium Skin Tone CPR-AED Training Manikins. Includes 50 Face-Shield Lung Bags, 16 anti-skid pads, and Nylon Carrying Case. 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. Not made with natural rubber latex.
Realistic to the eye and the touch, the Prestan manikin is unlike any other on the market. Available individually or in convenient multipacks of four for class training purposes, their manikins are uniquely designed as a clamshell that accommodates an easy-to-insert face shield lung bag. And with our patented face/head tilt, the Prestan manikin simulates the way an actual victim’s head would move if he required CPR. In addition, the unique construction of their manikins incorporates a mechanism to help them use the correct force to compress the chest to the correct depth.
- Realistic looking and acting manikin is more acceptable to both instructors and students.
- Far easier and faster for you to carry and set up at training sites.
- Easy-to-insert face shield lung bag speeds setup of the manikin.
- Face shield is secured so it won’t slip and there’s no need for adhesives.
- Gives each student a realistic experience that provides for the best “real life” CPR outcomes.
- Allows each student to observe a true chest rise.
- Full chest rise and lung bag ensures that students receive the most accurate and realistic training.
- Helps students take CPR learning experience seriously.
- Face/head tilt enhances the CPR learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR.
- Clicker mechanism increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions.
- 3-year factory warranty against defects in workmanship.
- Weighs 24.5 lbs.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
Personal Commentary: I do like that these manikins have the feedback devise to tell you that you are doing your compressions efficiently. I personally have not used these so I cannot attest to the durability of these manikins. I feel like they are at a decent price point for what you get.
3. Family Pack of CPR Manikins with Feedback, Prestan
This AHA Compliant Prestan Family Pack of Manikins-Medium Tone contains 2 Adult, 1 Child and 2 Infant. All manikins come equipped with a Compression Depth Clicker Feedback Device AND a Compression Rate Monitor Feedback Device.
This manikin collection will optimize your training program by ensuring the student’s Compression Depth and Compression Rate are reached with an audible ‘clicking’ sound and LED indicators provided by two separate feedback devices.
Additional Items Included: 20 Adult Lung Bags, 10 Child Lung Bags, 20 Infant Lung Bags, an Instruction Sheet, and a nylon carrying case.
Away from the classroom, instructors want their students to act confidently when faced with a cardiac emergency. We want our participants to leave class knowing they can help save the lives of people in cardiac arrest.
Achieve this with Prestan Professional’s revolutionary new CPR manikins with Rate Monitor. The LED indicators allow for instant feedback to both instructor and student regarding their rate of chest compressions. Instructors can monitor several students quickly and easily, while students themselves can visually gauge their compression rate reinforcing more practice time using proper technique.
Depth of compression is a crucial skill to learn as well. Class participants learn proper compression depth with the manikin’s audible ‘clicking’ sound. When compressions are done to the ECC recommended depth, the manikin’s ‘click’ lets students know they are on target. Compression rate and depth – two vitally important components to learn for successful CPR. With Prestan’s visual and audible reinforcement of good CPR technique, students will confidently embrace their role in the cardiac chain of survival.
- Realistic looking Adult and Child manikins with pinch-able noses and fully formed neck portions that allow for a carotid pulse check.
- Infants are realistically-sized! “Flick their feet” reminds students to check for level of consciousness – easily taught since the manikins have fully formed legs with feet. Moveable arms even allow for brachial pulse checks.
- Easy-to-insert lung bags speed setup of the manikins.
- Face shields are secured so they won’t slip and there’s no need for adhesives.
- Realistic skin resists dirt, grime and grease.
- Adequate upper chest sizing facilitates AED training.
- Visual anatomy landmarks such as a navel and ribcage on the Adults and Child allow for practice of the Heimlich maneuver and reinforce proper hand placement for compressions.
- On the Infants, anatomy landmarks such as clavicles, an accurate nipple line, sternum and xyphoid process facilitates the practice of choking skills as well as reinforcing proper finger placement for compressions.
- Head-tilt illustrates how to open the airway and allows each student to observe a true chest rise when proper head-tilt chin-lift technique is used.
- Clicker mechanisms increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions.
- Manikins are capable of being cleaned and decontaminated per CDC guidelines.
- Three-year factory warranty against defects in workmanship.
4. Medium Skin Adult Manikins 4-Pack (with CPR Monitor)
This 4-pack of Prestan Professional Adult CPR-AED Training Manikins (Medium Skin) comes with CPR monitors, 50 adult face-shield/lung-bags, a red nylon carrying case for easy portability, and an instruction sheet.
Personal Commentary: Again with the two options above I do not have personal hands on with these manikins, this packet however does come with babies and large manikins that double as child and infant. I do feel that it is a good price point with manikins containing the feedback delivery system on compressions.
5. CPR Prompt Training Pack
CPR Prompt Training Pack is ideal for group training, the CPR Prompt Training Pack allows each student to have their own manikin for maximum practice time. Designed to meet American Heart Association criteria for desirable manikin features. Allows practice of Heimlich maneuver and abdominal thrusts, as well as CPR and mouth-to-mouth breathing. Realistic anatomical markings (Adam’s apple, carotid arteries, navel, rib cage, chest notch) make it easy to learn correct hand placement for checking pulse, performing chest compressions, and more.
- Allows practice of Heimlich maneuver and abdominal thrusts, as well as CPR and mouth-to-mouth breathing
- Realistic anatomical markings make it easy to learn correct hand placement for checking pulse, performing chest compressions, and more.
- Age selector dial adjusts chest compression piston for learning adult or child techniques
- Head tilt/chin lift required to open airway
- Proper anatomical landmarks
- Audible compression “clicker” to ensure proper technique
- Easy-to-clean heads are dishwasher safe and can easily be sanitized
- Lung bags are replaceable
- Designed to meet American Heart Association criteria for desirable manikin features
- Includes a nylon carrying case with a supply of 50 face-shield lung bags and an insertion tool
Personal Commentary: I have used these manikins for years and I do like these. They break down and stack well. You can even purchase an extra manikin and stack them in a way to get six instead of 5 in the bag. I believe this is a very good price for the number of manikins you get and the lungs and equipment needed to maintain are cost effective as well. They do hold up well and eventually break down but you get your use out of them if you maintain and take care of them.
6. ARC-Prestan Ultralite Manikin 4-Pack
At 13 lbs., the Prestan Professional Ultralite™ Adult Manikin 4-Pack is light, portable, and easy to carry. Housed in a red nylon Red Cross carrying case with a detachable shoulder strap, the pack contains 4 adult manikins (heads, torsos, and pistons), along with a 50-pack of face-shield/lung-bags. The manikins have a realistic look and feel, with lifelike head tilt and chest rise and are AED pad compatible. Each manikin is easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean. In addition, manikins are durable – live tested to half a million compressions, and are backed by a three-year warranty. Manufactured and assembled in the USA.
Personal Commentary: I am not a fan of these. I feel they are not very durable and hold up very well. For the lack of design I feel that the price is too high for what you get.
7. Simulaids Helal CPR Manikin with Carry Bag from Anatomy Warehouse
An economical price tag doesn’t detract from the effectiveness of this incredible training aid. Constructed of soft, realistic vinyl plastic over polyurethane foam, the manikin’s features include a long torso for realistic abdominal thrusts, realistic head tilt and chin lift for opening airway, and anatomical landmarks including sternum and ribcage plus substernal notch. His airway can be easily manipulated to simulate airway obstruction or choking situations. This manikin has Arabic features. Includes three disposable/lung airway systems and three channel design mouth/nosepieces. Nylon carry bag and kneeling pads included. Measures 28 x 18 x 10, weighs 15 lbs. Made in the USA by Simulaids.
Personal Commentary: I would not mind having this manikin if I was doing more extensive training in the medical professions. I however do not feel the price per manikin is cost effective for lay responder CPR training and carrying these manikins on the road to do on site CPR training classes. I love the design but not enough or have enough space to house them. And yes, this is a price per single manikin.
8. AHA 2015 Adult/Child CPR Anytime® – English/Spanish Laerdal Mini Anne Plus 10-Pack
The Mini Anne® Plus 10 Pack is designed to increase efficiency while maintaining quality CPR education. These improved reusable manikins are available in a class set making Mini Anne Plus the ideal classroom solution for CPR training.
Mini Anne Plus is a cost-effective solution for teaching quality CPR using durable and reusable manikins. Ten individual manikins are included in each set which increases student hands-on time during training. The Mini Anne Plus features an innovative new pump bag to provide a simple, hygienic inflation method. Mini Anne Plus includes everything to get your CPR program up and running in one convenient bag.
- Reusable set of 10 Mini Anne manikins
- Easy-to-use pump bag for hygienic inflation
- Guidelines compliant clicker setting
- Soft clicker setting encourages new learners
- Carry bag including pump bag and kneel mats for each student
- Quick preparation and clean up
Includes 10 Mini Anne Plus Manikins, 10 kneel mats, 10 pump bags, carry bag, 2 mesh collection bags, 10 face masks, 50 manikin wipes, 50 airways.
Personal Commentary: Well these are blow up manikins, they take up less space but the durability is not there. If you are constantly using manikins to teach CPR classes, this is not the purchase to make. You are investing in a career, these are not the manikins for you to continually use. They wear down very fast and you are going to spend more money on replacing them.
9. Brayden CPR Training Manikin – Red Indicator Lights from Anatomy Warehouse
This manikin is the first ever to display visual flow of blood from the heart to the brain during CPR. Students will easily learn how to execute proper and correct CPR in time of need but will also remember the ultimate purpose and vital importance of correct and proper execution of CPR. Three kinds of indicator lights let students and instructors know if procedures are being correctly performed. Blood Circulation Indicator Lights change speed to reflect the blood flow in proportion to compression depth, aiding in visualizing the blood flow from the heart to the brain. Compression Indicator Lights will light partially or completely illuminate depending on the CPR compression quality. Completely lit indicators indicate the procedure has been performed correctly. CPR Quality Indicators: These only light up when the compression depth and speed coincide correctly with the given default value of depth and compression speed prescribed in the 2015 CPR AHA Guidelines.The unique manikin also has the following functions for basic life support. Anatomical landmarks such as the sternum, rib cage, sternal notch, and xiphisternum. The manikin gives audible feedback that reinforces the correct compression depth. The manikin displays highly realistic Chest Rise with correct ventilations. Oral and nasal passages allow for realistic nose pinch required for mouth-to-nose ventilation with realistic head tilt and chin lift for opening the airway. When you do your compressions correctly, the manikin illuminates like the picture on this page.
Personal Commentary: I absolutely love these manikins. You can see the feedback by compressing the chest by lights. This is rather pricey for a single manikin, they are larger and harder to store, but the construction is good. They are a little more expensive to maintain, but they are a great addition to you training tools.
10. Kyle Cpr Manikin With Carry Bag (3-Year-Old)
Kyle is a replica 3 year old child,
designed for the instruction of CPR techniques. This manikin is lightweight,
with a rugged, foam filled body. The manikin uses personal use channel
mouth/nose pieces for each student, and uses disposable airways with
non-rebreathing valves. Anatomical landmarks are nipples, xiphoid process, and
substernal notch. Soft carry bag included.
Measures 34 x 11 x 7. Weighs 10 lbs. Made in the USA by Simulaids.
Please note : All Simulaids products are made to order, and there is typically a 2 week lead time.
Personal Commentary. These are great realistic manikins to use. They are a little harder to store due to size and stack ability but a great addition if you are teaching more medical personnel.
I hope seeing side by side some of the options out there have helped you find the right manikins for your company and use when teaching CPR.
Remember to take out time, take a class and #beprepared.