7 Things To Look For When Choosing A CPR Company
Many organizations offer CPR certification courses, from American Red Cross to American Heart Association. If someone is finding it difficult to choose a CPR certification that he/she is in need of, the person can be left feeling confused and frustrated.
Here are 7 things one should look for when choosing a CPR company and signing up with the right certification class:
Before a person goes ahead with the process of choosing one, he/she should ask the following questions:
- Does one need a healthcare or provider or standard CPR certification?
- Is there a requirement for AED certification too?
- Should one opt for American Red Cross or American Heart Association?
- Does a CPR certification prioritize children, along with adults?
- Once you have asked the above questions, you will be clear on your final choice. However, the first point of consideration is the organization. There are numerous organizations offering CPR certification courses. Irrespective of the number, there are 2 most prominent and preferred organizations that offer the classes. They are ARC or American Red Cross and AHA or the American Heart Association. However, there is also ASHI – American Safety and Health Institute, which is preferred equally by some companies. The internet is also one place, where you can access hundreds of such companies. But beware of those offering dubious deals and low price range for the courses, for example, $20 for the online classes. Many employers do not accept online certifications.
- The second point of consideration that one should look out for is to determine, whether one requires an AED certification too. One has to find out whether he/she requires certification for the use of an AED or not (Automated External Defibrillator). AED is a mobile defibrillator that is designed and developed for public usage. If this is what a person is looking for, he/she needs to opt for classes that are inclusive of courses and materials administering the use of an AED.
- The next thing to look into is the type of CPR certification one is in need of. Many require CPR for a layperson or standard certification. Professions that are covered by this certification are coach, teacher, babysitter, personal trainer, construction worker, camp counselor, daycare employee, bus driver of a school and an employee of a nursing home. Then there is the CPR certification for healthcare providers. If one needs such a certification, he/she need to opt for an advanced class. Professions covering this certification are, medical assistant, nursing assistant, nurse, dentist, respiratory therapist, police officer, EMT, dental assistant, physical therapist, firefighter, occupational therapist and a paramedic.
- Another point one should keep in mind or rather, ask is whether he/she require a child and infant CPR certification or not. There are many people who require CPR certification that concentrates on children and infants, for example, those who are daycare workers or foster parents. The best choice would be the American Red Cross. This is because the organization suffices these requirements. Their classes are dissected into 3 categories, adult, child and infant.
- As mentioned in the 4th point, American Red Cross offers three components through its classes, covering adult, children and infant, but the components are also inclusive of AED. They offer child and infant CPR on a frequent note. The Adult CPR class is taught as a single class of its own. However, classes with child, infant and adult CPR are provided together. Keep this in mind before opting for this organization. The course that the American Red Cross healthcare organization offers is known as CPR for the professional rescuer. There are many employers in the field of healthcare that do not prefer this course. So, it is vital to clear this out with one’s employer, if he/she has have taken up this course. Prior to signing up with the American Red Cross CPR course, a person should be well aware of the course and what all are in the offering.
- The CPR certification course that the American Heart Association organization offers is a current one. The classes are inclusive of heart-saver CPR AED for infant, adult and child CPR, life support for different healthcare providers.
- The final point is signing up for a CPR certification class, after determining the different aspects of various organizations and the classes they cover. Classes of different organizations, including ARC and AHA are enlisted online. One should invest enough time and effort in searching for the right location and coordinating the classes. There are many privately owned companies, which offer certification with ARC and AHA. One can check them.
Importance of CPR training
75% incidents of cardiac arrests take place either at work or home. The immediate reaction of bystanders is to call 911. However, in such situations, time is limited. Someone has to take action and not wait for the EMT or rescue to arrive. A second’s delay can cause a person his/her life. Therefore, in most offices, firms, gyms, schools, stores etc. CPR certified professionals are employed or ensuring the employees getting CPR certification, training and skills in the respective field. This is done only to ensure the safety of environment and people.
There are many institutions offering practical CPR training. One can also get acquainted with the right procedure through the internet. There are websites, dedicated specially to providing correct information, training and guidance in the area of administering and performing CPR on a person.
People should get CPR training for the sake of humanity. Risk of life is present everywhere. Thus, the bottom line is to decrease the risk to 101% and create an environment that is safe, secured and happy, whether at work, home or even on the road.
Finding the best CPR certification training classes and courses, along with AED practices is mandatory for everyone. Don’t fall for scams that are active online. Trust only the certified and reputed institutions. Just keep in mind the above mentioned pointers before opting for one and you are good to go!